Thursday, September 1, 2016

The Call of the Wild

The Call of the Wild by Jack London

     The Call of the Wild by Jack London is about a dog named Buck who was born and raised in the typical life of a dog. He was raised by a normal family and in a normal neighborhood. One day, he was kidnapped overnight and was sold to dogsled owners in Canada. Once there, he was trained to be a leader of the pack and eventually overtook the position from the current leader. Over the course of the story, he was bought and sold to different dogsled owners, but eventually found a home he could rest in for the remainder of his life.
     I read this book when I was in 8th grade for a project I had to do. So, the main reason I chose this book was because of how short it was. I just wanted to read the book and get the project over with, but I ended up really enjoying the book. This is the book that really opened my eyes up to reading more. Ever since I read that book, I have been reading more and more. I have begun reading not only for school projects, but also on my own time. I really enjoyed the style Jack London uses in his writing and I have read several other book written by him.

No comments:

Post a Comment